In the recent years I’ve noticed that I run into people that I know (or people who think they know me) in the weirdest, most off the wall places, with seemingly no connection. For example, while backpacking in the summer of 2007, I stay at the Lisbon Lounge Hostel for a week during my time in Portugal. While at LLH, I met this guy with blue teeth from N. Cali…. In Jan. ‘08, I ran into him while waiting in line for the restroom at a Starbucks on 47th & Lex. And once more in Apr. ‘09, while standing on a street corner in Soho. I’m not even going to go into the random saga that is the story of "I Think We Made Out Once", though chances are, you’ve already heard it.
Long story short…
On 01.01.10 I embarked on a mission. The mission was to log the date, time, place and circumstances of all of my random run ins around the small town called New York City.
- The run in could not occur in a place that I would obviously run into someone, such as a mutual friend’s party.
- There had to be some type of interaction, meaning it doesn’t count to just pass someone on the street with no acknowledgment.
Three 2010 Run In Highlights:
- 01/01/10 - “Do I Iook familiar to you?!” being yelled at me across the tracks from the other side of the turnstile. (12:04pm G train Myrtle-Willoughby) *Way to start the year with a bang. Also, this person ended up being my most frequent run in with tally of 5, though, honestly, I stopped logging him after July.
- 01/22/10 - "I Think We Made Out Once" despite the fact that she moved to Jamaica, it just wouldn’t be right if the inspiration for my mission didn’t randomly show up.
- 12/30/10 - Captain Rob… someone I didn’t want to see who is good friends with someone I really didn’t want to see…. If anyone asks, I live in Maine.
Click HERE to see all the numbers and my awesome charts… Mayhaps you will see your name.